Farieda is a ClinicalSpecialist Occupational Therapist currently employed by the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. She qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Farieda completed a Diploma in Hand Therapy at the University of Pretoria, South Africa in 2001, before moving to the UK where she worked in the Hand Therapy Team at Wrightington Hospital. Farieda joined the Hands and Plastics team in Leeds in 2005.
Farieda is currently completing an MSc in Health Research at Leeds University. Her special interests include upper limb research and the approaches of treating musculoskeletal motor imbalances in the upper limb, including various casting and splinting techniques.
Role within the Hand Transplant Team:
- Lead Occupational Therapist
- Development of Transplant rehabilitation protocols
- Pre operative functional assessments
- Post operative assessment, rehabilitation, splinting / casting
- Liason with the Multi Disciplinary Team.